Thursday, December 19, 2013

Awkward Compliments...

Do you ever awkwardly accept compliments from people, or awkwardly give out compliments? FOr example, when someone gives you a compliment, do you just say "Thanks," but if you say, "Thanks, I KNOW!" it makes you look egotistical. And if you say, "No, not really, you sit on a throne of lies," it makes you look insecure. I've gotten some weird and random compliments from strangers and friends. For example, today someone told me, and I quote "You're nice and I love your face," I was kinda awkward so I just said, "Thanks, I like my face, too," even though sometimes I honestly don't. One time at camp, I was with my friends (I'll change their names here) Blueberry and Purpleberry, and Purpleberry dropped my clay, so Blueberry went to get me a plate to set my clay on. So Purpleberry told me he shipped me and Blueberry and a couple, and I was like, "Okay...?' then he said, "The way the wind is blowing your hair makes you look like a model," It was so sweet! I was like "Awwwweh, thanks!" Now I really miss Purpleberry cuz he never texts me anymore...anyways.. it was sweet and awkward. One time Blueberry told me "You are the nicest person I know. Like I actually took time to think of the nicest people I know and yeah, you are for sure one of them," Well, he texted that to me, and I was like "That's so sweet, now I'm gonna, like, cry!" and he said, "Why?" and I said "Because that was such a nice compliment!" I don't receive compliments well, as you can see. I'm even more awkward at giving them. One time, Purpleberry said, "It's so cool we have all the same classes together," (at art camp). I agreed and said, "Yeah! One time last year I had every class with someone but it was this mean girl I didn't like!" He was like, "Wow, THANKS Dinosaur!" I was like, "No! I didn't mean it like that, cuz I like you! I meant it was better than having classes with her!" Another weird compliment I gave to SociallyAwkwardPixie yesterday. We were staying after school and she had to go to the bathroom. So she was getting paper towels and made this sassy pose, so I was like, "Pixie, you could be a paper towel model!" and she said. "What?!" But she DID look like a paper towel model. One time, I was trying to flirt with this guy and the best thing I could think of to say was "I like your shoes," and a few days later I asked him to go to a dance with me but he had a girlfriend. I felt stupid. So...yeah...awkward compliments. Now here are some Daily Odd Compliments I found on Google. -SociallyAwkwardDinosaur









No comments:

Post a Comment